Piikani Education Trust Fund
The Piikani Youth and Education Foundation is proud
to be a part of the future endeavours of the Piikani people.
Established in 2003, the Piikani Educational Trust Fund (PETF) provides a contribution toward education for Piikani Nation members (Potential Beneficiary) born on or after November 1st, 2003. Potential beneficiaries are eligible to access funds of $1000.00 plus accrued interest from the ages of 18—25 and once enrolled in a post secondary, career-path or job skill training program. Funds accessed go directly toward education.
Any Potential Beneficiary or the legal guardian of an adult Potential Beneficiary, may only once access funds that have been invested in the PETF for Piikani Nation members born on or after November 1st, 2003 when the Potential Beneficiary is between the ages of 18—25, and only for the purposes of post secondary, career-path or job skills training programs.
HOW TO APPLY
A Potential Beneficiary or legal guardian of a dependent adult Potential Beneficiary may apply to access the principal sum of $1000.00 plus applicable accrued interest held in the PETF when the Potential Beneficiary is between the ages of 18—25 years, upon providing the following:
Funds held in the PETF will be paid out only to or on behalf of an approved Potential Beneficiary, and otherwise will be invested and utilized in PETF only in a the manner prescribed in the Trust Deed that established the PETF.
- The completed application form
- Proof of continued status as a registered Piikani Nation Band member, endorsed by the Registrar of the Piikani Nation Band Membership List
- Certified or Notarized copy of Potential Beneficiary’s Birth Certificate
- Certified or Notarized copy of Indian Status Card
- Executed Release in the prescribed form
- Proof of existing enrolment or registration in a post secondary, career-path or job skills training program
- Completed Consent to Obtain, Retain and Use Personal Information
- In the case of a dependent adult Potential Beneficiary, a certified copy of the Court Order designating or appointing the legal guardian of the Potential Beneficiary.
WHAT ARE THE PROGRAMS THAT QUALIFY UNDER THE PETF?
Post Secondary Education—education at a level greater than high school, that may result in granting a certificate or degree evidencing superior skills and competence in a specialized or professional field of endeavour.
Career-Path—education through a resource that may result in receipt of a diploma or certificate evidencing appropriate knowledge and abilities in an occupational or technical field of endeavour.
Job Skills Training—education through a resource that may result in a ticket or diploma evidencing necessary aptitudes in a trade or operational field of endeavour.